hard drive consolidation?

Fox_Mulderr

Jul 6, 2022
Hello

I have in my possession 4 hard drives of 1TB plus 1 TB but in flash memory (nvme). My idea was to group the 4 hard drives together to make Proxmox only support 4TB. The 1TB in NVME, I wanted to use it as cache. For example: Plex.

The purpose of all this is that I want to mount 4 TB, on different containers that need a common disk.

How can I go about doing this? I hope to be clear enough. Thank you.

EDIT: I found it this topic, without being sure that it is really good.

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/tutorial-unprivileged-lxcs-mount-cifs-shares.101795/

Last edited:
NVME cache is pretty useless for Plex since it doesn't involve reading of various small files.
My solutions has not much to do with you current issue. You will first have to sort out how you want to combine/structure your drives.

After that you can think about bind mounting the storages to the LXCs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!