GUI unreachable from desktop, however loads on mobile

Kezza4K

May 7, 2024
I recently updated my PVE to 7.4.18 in preperation for a migration to PVE 8. However once I ran the minor updates the GUI is inaccessible. I have connected a monitor to the server directly and that works and I just tried reaching the IP for the gui on my phone and I'm amazed as that loaded. Why can't I connect to it from a desktop browser, I have tried both Firefox and Edge now and both just time out. I am at a loss, any advice is appreciated

Can you still ping your ProxMox server from your PC, even though GUI is not working?
Also, if you try to telnet to the 8006 port and just an "a" and then press enter, does it then give an error 400 bad request back or nothing there either? (If you're using putty or similar, might have to turn on the "never close window on exit" option)

I worked out the issue. I finally noticed an IP conflict between proxmox and another device. I changed the IP that proxmox was using and gave it a restart and it started working straight away. I think it was just sheer luck my phone connected to proxmox and not the other device which just made me more confused

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!