Guest Agent is Running but does not respond to [qm guest agent <vmid> ping]... Help

ForcedInfamy

Aug 5, 2019
I have two Windows servers (2012 & 2016), that are no longer responding to Shutdown calls to Guest Agent. The Qemu services are running on both and I have restarted them. I have checked that neither VM has a lock or anything pending (not even updates). What I have just noticed that both of the affected servers are not responding to the [qm guest agent <vmid> ping] commands. Other Windows servers on the same hosts are responding to the ping. Both of these servers were previously responding to the Shutdown calls. Any help is appreciated.

Are the agents working after a VM reboot?

Wow.. over 10 years in the game and forget to try "turning it off and back on again". That totally worked on both servers, thanks for the help!

Reactions: Alwin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!