Grey screen at installation

Kristalit

Apr 30, 2019
Hello,

I am trying to install mailgateway 5.2 on vsphere 6.7. At the welcome screen I select "Install proxmox mail gateway" . After that I see only a grey screen without any options.
This is my vm-config:
Guset OS Linux
Guest OS version : Debian 9 64 bit (I also tried other option without success)
Cpu : 1
Mem: 2GB
Disk : 20 GB

Is this a known issue ? I can't find any solution on the web.
Can someone help me.
Thanks in advance,
Carlo

I am trying to install mailgateway 5.2 on vsphere 6.7. At the welcome screen I select "Install proxmox mail gateway" . After that I see only a grey screen without any options.

You may need to wait a bit for the installer to load in a slower virtualized environment, did you waited a bit?

On another note, a bit more memory is recommended, as clamav et al. are a bit hungry, so if you're not just evaluating I'd give it at least 4GB.

Is this a known issue ? I can't find any solution on the web.

No, this is not a known issue, and we normally test it once in a while on various hypervisor systems besides PVE too.

Works here, just re-tested with on ESXi 6.7.0 Update 1 (Build 10302608)

Guest OS
Debian GNU/Linux 9 (64-bit)

Compatibility
ESXi 6.7 and later (VM version 14)

CPUs

Memory
2 GB

We are working with esxi 6.7 not with update 1
And at this moment we can't do an upgrade to update 1.
Can you do a test on 6.7 ?

We are working with esxi 6.7 not with update 1
And at this moment we can't do an upgrade to update 1.
Can you do a test on 6.7 ?

Works also on this one.
6.7.0 (Build 8169922)

Browser issue? I access with latest Google Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

We are using the same build.
I also tried with firefox en IE without success.
Can I do something with debug mode ?

I have a solution / workaround.
I create a VM with a lower hardware version (11 - esxi 6.0) . That has fixed the issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!