Grafana+influxdb monitoring

Annonyme1

Dec 12, 2019
Hi ! !i'am working on a monitoring solution for proxmox !
my problem is when collecting metrics from many proxmox , metrics are stored on a unique database configurated by default on [[udp]] (influxdb) !
i would like to know to store all data in multiple databases !

do you want to store same datas in multiple databases/servers . (like repplication ?).
If yes, you can define multiple influxdb server in /etc/pve/status.cfg

Code:
 influxdb: myinfluxdb1
    server....
    port ....

influxdb: myinfluxdb2
    server ...
    port ....

Maybe send your metrics to a Telegraf instance and have it do some fancy re-routing.

Because Proxmox writes to InfluxDB over UDP rather than TCP, you have to specify the database name written to in the Influxdb (not Proxmox) configuration...

I’ve not tested this but if you want to write to multiple InfluxDB databases on the same influxdb host, I think you’d need to do something like:

(1) Edit Proxmox Config /etc/pve/status.cfg as per @spirit post above to list two InfluxDB targets to the same IP but different UDP ports
(2) Configure your single InfluxDB server so that it listens on two UDP ports, with each UDP port writing to a different database name as per https://influxdbcom.readthedocs.io/en/latest/content/docs/v0.9/write_protocols/udp/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!