Good simple and cheap fence Setup

APC power switches are a good choice. If you want HA you should use premium hardware on all places.

thanks.

i'm dealing with another problem. If one Node is powered down the service is not switched over, is this normal?? Or would it work if fencing is working correctly?

ifmib only makes sense if you are using an iscsi san or nfs (on a dedicated network card). What kind of storage are you using?

i use nfs on a dedicated network device

Ok then configure fence_ifmib to shutdown the switchports on which the servers are connected to the nfs network. That's it. Of course you need a managed switch that allow snmp write access.

Scenario:
Server B crashes
Server A shuts down the switchports on which Server B is connected to the NFS network
Server A takes over

Anyway IMHO the only reliable fencing mode is power fencing with external PDU.

ok i'll try.

http://honglus.blogspot.de/2011/05/rhcsred-hat-cluster-suite-io-fencing.html

i found this docu and thought this is what i need.

my plan is to setup a three node proxmoxcluster with integrated high availible storage service. Everything works fine, except the thing "what happens when power failure occurs".
The servers are rent in a datacenter so the methods for fencing are really small. APC isn't possible because the datacenter doesn't allow to install own components....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!