Good Proxmox Hosting

sircolin

Renowned Member
Nov 12, 2009
UK
Hi Guys,

Can someone please point me to a hosting company with good uptime , my current host's are letting me down at least once every month.
I have paying clients and this is not good for my business.

Server.lu are killing me, i need to run with host that has 99% uptime.

I noticed on another thread a lot of you guys are running production systems, what data center's are you using?

Thanks for reading.

Col

Thanks For your Reply I have been looking at Leeware but im finding them very restrictive, i have a looked at ovh and there a little more expensive, £49.99 setup fee is a bit Dread but i guess you pay for what you get, i gotta do something, can i ask how long you have been with them and what sort of uptime are you getting?

Col

i'd say : OVH
I would say be careful ;) I have a number of servers with them and when everything works it is great. However not everything works all the time - just check the forums.

Also, bear in mind the RAID controllers do not have a BBU - my EG with hardware RAID1 gets 150-200 FSYNCs a second. Software RAID gets about 500 FSYNCs.

I really don't like slinging mud, but I am moving my production servers elsewhere. When they work - great, when they don't.....

OVH is the biggest Proxmox VE hosting company - and they also support the project by sponsoring a dedicated server (e.g. this forum runs on OVH)

Thank you for all the replies im still at little confused what to do for the best, i will consider both leeware, and ovh.

Col

When I asked them they said they wouldn't supply RAID cards with a BBU - have you heard different?

you mean OVH? they offer high end servers with integrated BBU.

interesting - I emailed the UK support a month ago and they said no. This is in the HG series?

Some very nice OVH-howtos mention kvm-networking.sh within /eth/network/interfaces
Could someone print this script here, so that non-OVH users could catch what's going on there?

I've been hosting with OVH for some 4 years now (not on proxmox necessarily). Truly their lack of speed when problems arise and the way one feels (lonely) when there is an issue is obviously there worst, as they don't seem to have a "premium" support you could pay for either.
But they are also technically more advanced than any other provider in the world I know with standart features you would pay for on others. My root with them now, and the reason why I am now turning to Proxmox VE is the fact of being able to have different servers (their prices are very reasonable) and quick migrate options which with the standart failover IPs you get with their servers is extremely efficient.
But yes... don't expect to "speak" to a technician or get really afraid if you have an issue on a Friday night!!!

By the way... their partition layout for installations of PVE is not the standart. On HW raids their root partition is also a base ext3 and they "supposedly" support SW raid installations too.

Last edited:
I think they do Debian Lenny installation and install PVE next. They also use kernel 2.6.24 as default on PVE 1.5.

Hetzner.de?

I asked them if it is possible to order a dedicated root server and install virtualization on it and they said it was. I don't know how but my point is Hetzner looks like a good hosting company with good prices.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!