Getting the DHCP-assigned IP from a cloud-init clone

prandelicious

Jul 21, 2018
I followed the instructions here and it worked as expected but I can't see the IP address assigned to the instance since it was assigned by DHCP. I can't SSH to this machine if I don't know the IP address. Obviously, accessing the console doesn't work. I ticked the "Qemu Agent" checkbox in the Options of the template. I can also confirm that "Qemu Agent' is checked on the cloned instance. However, the Summary page says that the agent is not running.

Last edited:
did you install the qemu-agent in the template/vm? enabling the checkbox only tells pve that the agent is installed, but this has to be done by yourself

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!