Funny mail reply from Intel...

Yes, that's we always recommend server hardware, certified for Linux. check this before ordering.

Its just a lot of work to test and support all OS types and that is one of the reason why server parts are more expensive (among others). As Linux as a Desktop OS is still just a few percents of the market its clear that the focus is on Windows here.

Intel support Proxmox VE, e.g. they sponsored a full Intel Modular Server for our test-lab which we certified for the use with Proxmox VE, also in a HA setup.
So its not funny, its just a product for windows desktops and if you run it on other OS you are alone here or you need to ask the Linux community about their results with this boards.

Hi Tom...

Better to be alone with the community I think...

Have at least 10-20 proxmox up running, recommended to friends running on nothing but desktop hardware...

I have been running prxmox since 0.7 , on 4 different computer myself , no problems...

/Michael

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!