Full GPU passthrough on 13th gen Intel NUC Journey

neilsonwheels

Jul 2, 2023
I've just bought an Intel NUC 13 Pro and given it a fresh install of PVE.
My aim was to use this as a Linux desktop running Debian 12 Bookworm connected to a TV via HDMI and also run a few VMs and LXCs.
I've read the entire Internet for guides on how to perform GPU passthrough on Proxmox and tried every suggestion offered in various blog and forum posts.

I came away with nothing after spending a dozen or so hours trying said methods.

Without going into the endless details, I was able to confirm and verify that everything seemed tickety-boo with the passthough, but there was no output on the HDMI when I fired up the Debian desktop VM.

I've thrown my hands up in the air and given up, concluding that it is NOT possible.

Now that I've said that, I expect someone is going to point me to another blog post or guide that proves it is indeed possible.

I know, I know these things are hard and there are so many variables.

Anyway, I am super keen to hear from anyone who has a concise and very specific start to finish process for making this possible for my use case (Intel NUC 13 Pro). If I can get it to work, I am more than happy to document it in my own blog post so that some other schmuck doesn't end up walking away empty handed like I have.

Just check any site that do 8-12 page of cpu review and you will see the new virtualization technology is clearly different than the old gvt-g one. So nuc13 is newer and it will not work. Also the 45 search result with only nuc13 show error too. But as being for experimenting, with a platform made for windows, you may write a brand new kernel from scratch. or just get a nuc11 that used the linux compatible gvt tech.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!