fsck died with error 16 / no way to repair the installation ?

machines

Nov 1, 2006
Hello,

after a USV-Crash last night at one of our customers we have again the same problem as described here a long time ago:

http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/8832-proxmox-crashed-during-restart

Now with proxmox 2.3 installed is there still no way to get this fixed? I will not accept.

I was able to mount the LVM-Data-Partition with PartedMagic and could save my VMs, but now I have to reinstall and copy back the machines. This lasts too long for me. Therefore I am looking for another solution.

As "Quick&Dirty"-solution I am thinking of a simple HDD with saving the images several times a day. Then in the worst case I simply make a fresh install and do a restore from my mounted single disk. What do you think about ?

I searched around and of course found several ways to fsck the disks, but I still get an error when I try this on the "/pve/swap" part.

On the other hand I read about reinstalling GRUB, but this fails too.

Is there an idea for me? Thanks for your help.

@support at proxmox > Will you be able to fix this with a Support Subscription ?

Greetings Marco.

I searched around and of course found several ways to fsck the disks, but I still get an error when I try this on the "/pve/swap" part.

Hi,
swap isn't a filesystem and not repairable with fsck.
If the content is wrong, simple initialize new with "mkswap -f /dev/pve/swap" (bootet from live-cd or first disable the swap).

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!