Fresh Proxmox Install, no web interface

Your analysis is a bit weird and I have a personal feeling that I do not miss your troll posts that much.

but you must admit .. once you miss a step or misconfigure something.... proxmox becomes a big mess to debug and solve.

Most of time, they just tell you to resinstall it....

I am stuck at a command line and cannot for the life of me figure out what I am supposed to do, now, in order to bring up a browser in order to actually start using the software.
Proxmox is a Server product. Servers are installed in a companies server room or in private basement. Usually far away from an Administrators desk. Everything is done remotely. (Except physical handling of course.) You will never run a Browser (directly) on that system.

Usually https://proxmox:8006 does a very fine job. For some tasks I use ssh. Only for hardware upgrades/replacements I walk to the physical location.

A working network is obviously essential for this approach and it might be a problem to configure it correct on the first try.
Manual network configuration is documented here: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#sysadmin_network_configuration

Try to start with something like "3.3.4. Default Configuration using a Bridge". This would allow administrative access and also VMs to access the same network.

Best regards

adding to that, if you are installing PVE on your work station (e.g. for developement or testlab purposes), it's fine to install a desktop of your choice on-top (or vice-versa), it's how all of our main machines for Proxmox development are configured.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!