forum suggestion: organize threads like this..

sgtfoo

Apr 5, 2012
The forums are incredibly tough to drill into without search, so I propose the following...

ROOT FORUM
\_PVE 1
\_installation​
\_how-to threads​
\_setup​
\_network​
\_storage​
\_clusters & nodes​
\_configuring​
\_network​
\_storage​
\_cache​
\_clusters & nodes​
\_special devices​
\_working with CTs/OpenVZs​
\_working with KVMs/VMs​
\_troubleshooting​
\_other​

\_PVE 2
\_installation​
\_how-to threads​
\_setup​
\_network​
\_storage​
\_clusters & nodes​
\_configuring​
\_network​
\_storage​
\_cache​
\_clusters & nodes​
\_special devices​
\_working with KVMs/VMs​
\_troubleshooting​
\_other​

\_PVE Forthcoming versions
\_installation
\_suggestions​
\_how-to threads​
\_setup​
\_network​
\_storage​
\_clusters & nodes​
\_configuring​
\_network​
\_storage​
\_cache​
\_clusters & nodes​
\_special devices​
\_working with KVMs/VMs​
\_troubleshooting​
\_other​

\_Virtual Appliances Section
\_Base Distro​
\_Fedora / CentOS / RHEL​
\_Debian / Ubuntu / Mandriva​
\_Slackware / BSD​
\_ Other​
\_Applicance Builder(s)​

\_Proxmox Mail Gateway
\_installation​
\_configuration​
\_how-to threads​
\_setup​
\_network​
\_storage​
\_troubleshooting​
\_other

So what does everyone think??

thanks for suggestions but whats wrong with the search function?

we have Google search and also the integrated Forum search, just click on "Advanced".

I have nothing against the search function except weeding through threads is still not as clean/nice as it could be.
Also, I find there's 2 distinct levels of users here... those who know LOTS about Debian admin stuff and those who are NEW to it.
Giving a specific place for n00bs to find help is also very beneficial

I have nothing against the search function except weeding through threads is still not as clean/nice as it could be.
Also, I find there's 2 distinct levels of users here... those who know LOTS about Debian admin stuff and those who are NEW to it.
Giving a specific place for n00bs to find help is also very beneficial
Hi,
I think it's not the best idea to spread the postings yet (perhaps it's ok if the amount rise). Because many people (i assume) looks only in one part and don't see (and don't answer) threads in other sections.
It's the same now with pve2 + pve1. I'm normaly look only in the pve2-branch and the work to answer on questions in pve1.x be attached to some others (or the proxmox team).

Udo

Udo is right on the money, I spend most of my time looking at 2.0 forum.
2.X is what matters to me and I am on the lookout for potential problems and potential performance enhancements so when I encounter an issue I already know how to fix it.

If the noobs were off in their own forum they would rarely get any help from me because I usually hang out right here.

sgtfoo's tree makes me think of how awesome it would be if we had some of those categories and associated information in the wiki.....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!