Forti Manager(VM) more than Occasionally "Craps out"

I thought I would try to put this here as well as reddit Fortinet. Thanks for looking!

Forti Manager (VM) (PUBLIC IP)

Memory:16GB (Ballooning)

CPU: 2x 4 Core

DISK: 500GB (NFS)(Writethrough)

Hello, I host my Forti Manager VM on ProxMox 7.2-3. I used this article albeit a few minor changes. Instead of VirtIO BLOCK and anything ZFS, I used VirtIO SCSI, I gave it 100GB more space, double the memory and double the CPU. I have tried the storage local, I have tried storage NFS, throwing hardware at it does not seem to help. I thought maybe NODE CPU was to old?

(PVE-J)

24 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz (2 Sockets)

(PVE-L)

40 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz (2 Sockets)

I have 8 server racks in Dallas Data Center running FortiGate's as edge level transparent firewalls and have PUBLIC ip access.

2x Fortigate 100E (7.2.0)

6x Fortigate 80F (7.2.0)

Symptoms:

It would appear that every so many seconds, or so many changes, or zipping around to different menu's, I get 100% packet loss for about 8-10 (Lowest) to 20 or more pings. I have reached out to support as I have license for everything they can't seem to figure it out or replicate the issue. This is quite frustrating because seemingly at random you will lose connectivity with the Forti Manager while updating firmware (Scary), or while creating address objects or groups. Sometimes, this causes firewall rules to duplicate, and other weird things.

This is my first bout into the Fortinet world. What amazing firewalls, and software. Thanks for looking!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!