Foreman support and some OpenVswtich features

PiotrD

Apr 10, 2014
Hi,
I am not sure if it is good section to post this thread, but I do not see anything better.

Are there any plans for Foreman support in Proxmox ? Now I can provision vm on Proxmox only like it was bare metal so it is not so fast and convienent - the best would be like with libvirt. Maybe I am wrong and this thread should be addressed to Foreman to support Proxmox. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Other than that, you introduced OVS into Proxmox. My question is: are you going to develop it more ? For example the most irritating thing is lack of button for creating OVS Tunnel. Now I can only add Bridge, Bond and Internal Port. However in production environemnt there is also a need to add VXLAN or GRE tunnels. Now I can do it via console and /etc/network/interfaces but it would be much convienent to have ability to do it via GUI.

Kind regards,
Piotr D

Yes, I supporse that request. That would be realy helpful.

Best regards

Telekomiker

After reading a little bit, the only thing that Proxmox team could add is that OVS Tunnel feature. As it goes for Foreman, Proxmox has its own API which should be implemented in fog library which is used by foreman. I found some info about it http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/2186, but I guess no one at this moment is trying to implement it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!