Firefox on debian: no way to spice

Telekomiker

Dec 2, 2012
Lower Saxony / Germany
Hi to all,

I think i did all steps documented in your Spice-Tutorial, but remote-viewer doesn't want work. If I push the spice-button on the vm-entry in the proxmox-admin-interface, I get the message "Verbindungstyp konnte nicht von URI ermittelt werden" and nothing else ... ?!?

In firefox, I associated ...

application/x-virt-viewer to remote-viewer verwenden

Best regards

telekomiker
(yes, I have 3 subscriptions ... ;) )

Sorry Tom:

I use a promox node with xfce desktop environment and am really satisfied to use this machine as server and workstation. So I'm working on debian wheezy and the newest version of proxmox updates ...

Best regards,

Telekomiker

Hi Dietmar,

where can I get a installable version of virt-viewer 0.5.6 ? If I try to install such a version, I get endless error messages about missed packages ...

Best regards

Telekomiker

Hi Dietmar,

where can I get a installable version of virt-viewer 0.5.6 ? If I try to install such a version, I get endless error messages about missed packages ...

Best regards

Telekomiker

You're going to have to install from source. Unless you can find an unofficial/backport of a newer version.

Hi spirit,

unfortunately not. There are some depencies-errors. It semms, that wheezy is a very old system ... !?!
Debian is focused on stability, so they freeze a software version early, and apply stability and security updates. So when a Debian "stable" version is released, so the software is usually behind or "old". There is dotdeb.org which maintains newer versions of software, but there is no virt-viewer.

I was thinking of making a DEB on my Ubuntu desktop for a newer version of virt-viewer if I get the time. Any errors you get is more than likely due to missing libraries which you should be able to install from the repositrories.

I use a rolling release, Manjaro Linux, and it is constantly updated with new releases of software. If you want to stay up to date on software releases than I would go with a rolling release distributions. I only use Debian for servers.

I just installed Ubuntu 13.10 which has virt-viewer 5.6-2 on my desktop machine here at home. What is the basic installs needed on the Promox server 3.1? Thanks! Ric

Hi Ric !

I will install Ubuntu 13.10 next days to look forward for running. But anyway. Normally you have nothing to install on proxmox site. Just read the howto and use your firefox/chrome browser to start a spice session.

Best regards

Telekomiker

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!