firefox crash

sthielo

New Member
Mar 17, 2025
13
6
3
Firefox (v152.0 on archlinux) crashes when opening Datacenter Manager UI after login. (Chromium works). Our DM instance has no access to internet!

In the console I see many:
Code:
downloadable font: glyf: Glyph bbox was incorrect; adjusting (glyph 665) (font-family: "FontAwesome" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:1) source: https://10.1.4.40:8443/fontawesome/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.7.0

after login I see in the network debugger: 1790593795093.png

... when having the debugger open, the window "survives" a few seconds before firefox shows the crash report window.
 
no extensions. private window crashes, too.

the instances I use DM from are "hardened" virtual "jumphosts" without internet access ... therefore no direct update either. they are frequently updated indirectly over our internal repo mirror to an approved snapshot. so "latest" not easily available. PS: no problems with PVE or PBS UIs within same firefox instance.

I tried another linux instance (Debian based) with firefox 140.8.0esr (64-bit) - the stable version ... older! - ... WORKS. same conditions: no direct internet access

... it's very wierd. and my testing options are very limited due to the restrictive environment.
 
i couldn't reproduce it here yet, but the browser crashing doesn't sound like it's a fault on our side.

can you open firefox from the commandline and e.g. enable some debug logging to see if there is any hint where this might come from? anything in the journal/dmesg of the client?
 
ok - I had some logs (can be started inside firefox) but nothing suspicious pops up.
If you cannot reproduce I will just wait a few weeks for our instance to be updated and check again. I can work with chromium. So this is not much of a problem
thx