Fingerprint changed after certifcate update

Subsonic

Jun 28, 2023
Hello guys,

about one month ago both my PVE and PBS automatically renewed their SSL-certificates over their ACME plugins, and after that they weren't able to communicate with each other. The fingerprint of the PBS changed so i had to manually change the fingerprint from the PBS in PVE. Backups are now working again but i still have problems to access the backups from inside PVE. Is this how it is supposed to be? I configured the ACME plugin to renew the certificates ever 3 months.

Thanks in advance,

Georg

As soon as you use a public certification authority, you no longer need the fingerprint (CA certificate) for the connections. Please delete it.

Reactions: Subsonic
Thanks for your fast reply! I've now removed the fingerprint and i will see if it's working now when the scheduled backup is running tonight.

Reactions: fireon
As soon as you use a public certification authority, you no longer need the fingerprint (CA certificate) for the connections. Please delete it.
Scheduled backups worked once again without problems, but i still have massive problems displaying the contents of my datastore.

1725440868009.png

1725440916602.png

My datastore is a samba share mountet via the classic fstab route which is working without problems.

You only deleted the fingerprint in Proxmox VE, i.e. here:

Screenshot_20240904_115235.png

That I understand this correctly. Access from PVE works, but PBS itself no longer sees the pool correctly? But you can access it on the CMD (only files)?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!