Filesystem corruption on HA

ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
So we have 12 nodes and 1 vm (testing HA). It is a CentOS cPanel server. Storage is 500gb of space on an iSCSI SAN.

When the node first started HA it migrated it from Node 1 to Node 3 (not sure why) but it ran fine. After a reboot getting TONS of FSCK errors. I migrated manually the node back to node 1 and took off HA and it said vm already running ... and then the fsck errors went away

I check /dev/SAN NAME/ and on both systems a connection was open

Could this be both nodes accessing the same disk at the same time? This is a huge issue ....

So we have 12 nodes and 1 vm (testing HA). It is a CentOS cPanel server. Storage is 500gb of space on an iSCSI SAN.

When the node first started HA it migrated it from Node 1 to Node 3 (not sure why) but it ran fine.

Never enable HA if the VM is already running. Make sure that the VM is stopped, then enable HA - now, the resource manager is controlling the VM (and starts it). Your VM was probably started twice and/or hard poweroff by the resource manager.

After a reboot getting TONS of FSCK errors. I migrated manually the node back to node 1 and took off HA and it said vm already running ... and then the fsck errors went away

I check /dev/SAN NAME/ and on both systems a connection was open

Could this be both nodes accessing the same disk at the same time? This is a huge issue ....

HA is not trivial but if configured well very nice - you need to know what you are doing. therefore we always recommend support subscription and review by our team to make sure you are on the right way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!