[SOLVED] File Transfer from an external PC into ProxMox Node

kblknight

Jun 3, 2020
Hi Everyone,

had a question and was wondering if it is possible.

i would like to know if it is possible to transfer a Software or a File from an External computer into my Proxmox Node.

i have a Prmoxmox Machine and inside i have 3 Nodes which are not connected to Internet (it is just a test environment).
and i have my own Laptop, i have a software which needs to be on one of my windows Server Nodes in proxmox.

i was wondering if Proxmox has an option like Vmware to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Azim

no reply, even from the admins, we are and im expecting at least a reply, yes it is possible or no it is not.

dnt give us a feeling that we talk to a wall.

if the nodes (guest machines) are type windows, and they are using bridged networking, then regular copy to and from windows shares should work. If they are not window, but using bridged networking, then ssh via winscp or something like that should work.

Reactions: Dominic
As @ronneyb indicated, yes, it is possible.

If you rely on quick answers, I suggest you take a look at our subscriptions. The STANDARD plan, for example, gives you guaranteed response times via our customer portal (and also access to the Proxmox VE Enterprise Repository).

I know this is an old thread but thought I would add my suggestion for future reference for anyone else trying to do this.

A simple way to copy files from a physical machine to a virtual machine in Proxmox without having to setup shares or anything else is to create an ISO of the files using something like AnyToISO and upload to the Proxmox ISO store (ISO Images). Then in your virtual machine's Hardware settings add a CD/DVD Drive (if there's not one already there), select it and Edit then choose the ISO file you have just uploaded. You can then copy the files directly from the ISO to the virtual machine. It's simple and fast and useful when you have a bunch of machines in a host-only network.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!