File restore in a VM / LXC

liberodark

Apr 26, 2021
Hello,

I haven't seen this feature in PBS 1.x and PBS 2.x yet.
Are you thinking of adding the possibility of to restore a file or folder directly in a VM or LXC ?

Best regards

hi,

Are you thinking of adding the possibility of to restore a file or folder directly in a VM or LXC ?
what do you mean exactly?

Hi,

It's just that almost any backup software can restore files directly to your VM or CT rather than downloading it.

1627476390354.png

Best Regards

Last edited:
Hi,
check this: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3501

That might answer your question :)
Even though I wouldn't have chosen scp (ssh) to do this. The request corresponds to my need. Because it seems very strange not to be able to do it. After PBS being recent, they probably haven't had the time to do that yet.

What interests me is to restore files with an option to overwrite the original files. Compatible with a VM / CT this is an essential feature of backup software.

Last edited:
Yeah that is what Thomas discussed in this, one approach would be trying to do this with the qemu guest agent. This is installed on basically all VMs anyway and doesn't require any more configuration.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!