fence_node reports old agent

AlanMAC

Dec 3, 2011
I had quite a few problems with DRAC6 setup... so I tried IPMI out and it worked like a charm. I've changed my cluster.conf to reflect using IPMI per the wiki. I ran fence_ipmilan -l root -p calvin -a 192.168.254.13 -o reboot by hand and it worked, even ran it on my prox02, just to be sure. The problem comes down to when I try to run fence_node prox03 -vv. I get this back:

fence prox03 dev 0.0 agent fence_drac5 result: error from agentagent args: nodename=prox03 agent=fence_drac5 cmd_prompt=admin1-> ipaddr=192.168.254.14 login=root passwd=calvin secure=1 fence prox03 failed.

From what I'm seeing, it's still calling the drac5... which was my old config. I restarted CMan, to no avail. Below is my config, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster name="geekitsystems1" config_version="28">
<cman keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey">
</cman>
<fencedevices>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" name="prox01" lanplus="1" ipaddr="192.168.254.12" login="root" passwd="calvin" power_wait="5"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" name="prox02" lanplus="1" ipaddr="192.168.254.13" login="root" passwd="calvin" power_wait="5"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" name="prox03" lanplus="1" ipaddr="192.168.254.14" login="root" passwd="calvin" power_wait="5"/>
</fencedevices>
<clusternodes>
<clusternode name="prox01" votes="1" nodeid="1">
<fence>
<method name="1">
<device name="prox01"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
<clusternode name="prox02" votes="1" nodeid="2">
<fence>
<method name="1">
<device name="prox02"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
<clusternode name="prox03" votes="1" nodeid="3">
<fence>
<method name="1">
<device name="prox03"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
</clusternodes>
<rm>
<service autostart="1" exclusive="0" name="ha_test_ip" recovery="relocate">
<ip address="192.168.254.254"/>
</service>
</rm>
</cluster>

I have performed a rolling reboot of the entire cluster and the command fence_node prox03 now works as it should. I'm unable to figure out why/where/how the old configuration stuck around. But if anyone else runs into this, get your configuration where it succeeds with the fence_ipmilan -l root -p calvin -a 192.168.254.13 -o reboot type command and if running fence_node (like is what's in the wiki) comes back with the old config agent, then try rebooting all cluster members.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!