Feature Request: Per Domain administrators

Jan 31, 2017
Not sure if this is the correct place to make feature requests, if not let me know. I think it would be very useful in a multidomain environment to have per domain administrators that can only access the quarantine for their specified domain, maybe the settings as well but the quarantine would be the most useful. I'm hoping that this idea gets picked up because it would make my life alot easier :D

Thanks, we add this to our list for future versions, but the current design is not really suitable for this.

Hi Scristopher,

Do the domain admins also have to administer the hosts? If not, you can create pools for domains and assign special groups to them such that you can create machines in that pools. It's not perfect, but at least it solves the problem of "domain"-specific admins.

Hi Scristopher,

Do the domain admins also have to administer the hosts? If not, you can create pools for domains and assign special groups to them such that you can create machines in that pools. It's not perfect, but at least it solves the problem of "domain"-specific admins.

Looks like you talk about Proxmox VE, this is the Proxmox Mail Gateway forum.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!