Feature Request - monitor temperatures

The ideal place for feature requests is https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/
Another year later...

And there still has been no apparent progress on the open BZ for thats been open since June 2012.

https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=208

It's pretty pathetic that something so core and basic has been completely ignored for nearly a decade.

I'm looking at which hypervisor to use and this is pretty off-putting.

It's gone on for so long now that others have resorted to patching in support for it themselves, see this other thread, since Proxmox developers apparently don't care at all:

Proxmox Forum: Temperature monitoring

Last edited:
Reactions: arf20 and rursache
A quick question.
With such a flexible undercarriage that is Debian Linux, why look for such features in Proxmox?
There are many packages and systems that can do the temperature monitoring you're looking for and Proxmox can host them all.

I'd suggest an Influx DB + Grafana LXC that receives the temperature information you need and graphs it out in virtually unlimited ways.

Even if they did add temp graphing to Proxmox, it would never do what you could with Grafana.

Also consider than pulling a temp isn't that easy. Some HDDs use non standard reporting, NVME and others drives use different schemes, not to mention the myriad of sensors available from different motherboards and CPUs. I don't think the Promox team would want this headache.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!