Feature Request: Do not have a default value for Target Node on VM migration

jlar310

Jun 27, 2007
Do not have a default value for Target Node on VM migration. It's way too easy to forget to select a node and end up migrating to the wrong host. Maybe I'm just old and forgetful and should pay closer attention, but I will be interested to see if this gets any attention from the community.

Side note: Same goes for adding a node to a cluster if there is more than one network connection available.

Do not have a default value for Target Node on VM migration. It's way too easy to forget to select a node and end up migrating to the wrong host. Maybe I'm just old and forgetful and should pay closer attention, but I will be interested to see if this gets any attention from the community.
We can argue about the logic that is applied to select the default, but omitting it completely? I don't second it.

Nonetheless, please file a proper feature request.

Same goes for adding a node to a cluster if there is more than one network connection available.
Then specify it. The outgoing IP is determined by the destination IP from DNS and matched against the NICs configured networks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!