Feature Idea: Auto Firewall for Certificates

jakkuh

Dec 9, 2019
I really love the ACME certificate functionality, but I also like to keep my servers locked down with a pretty aggressive firewall. With that in mind, it would be super cool to add an option in the certificate settings to automatically toggle a specified rule or create its own firewall rule that opens ports 80/443 on renewal so that it completes successfully.

Really not a super urgent thing in any way, but it would be a nice QOL improvement.

Not possible since domains are in registry not supporting API. So you can't renew automatically (with DNS validation) and fetch cert/key into proxmox.

Allowing 80/443 on firewall for time of renewal validation would be good option and would solve the problem.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!