[SOLVED] Fans ramp up on bridge network

cig_in_mouth

Dec 9, 2020
I am using proxmox 6.3-3 as main vm host. I am hosting my firewall in it. The problem is when I am doing network bonding on my nas server (bsd) the proxmox host fans ramp up and it is roaring until I shutdown/restart the nas box. So my current desktop I tried same network bonding and same thing happened. I am using proxmox quite a while and I really like its backup method. I done everything on my bios even underclock my cpu but when I do bonding stuff fans just creating noise. So I switched to linux firewall (untangle) for test. it have qemu-ballonic driver I thought memory is the issue but result is same. Can anyone help me to solve this problem ? any debian package which can control fans or something new which I don't know any help will be greatful.

Thanks for letting us know what actually caused it :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!