Failed to load ZFS modules

FDB2

Dec 19, 2016
Hello,
After upgrading from Proxmox 4.1 to 4.4, at the reboot of proxmox ve I get the following message:
Failed to load ZFS modules.
Manually load the modules and exit
I have 2 WD 2 To disks with ZFS RAID 1.
All was correct before the upgrade. I stopped everyVM beforer upgrade.

Then enter the subscription key and then "apt-get update" and then "apt-get upgrade" (every seamed to be OK).

When I reboot pve, I land in busybox and get the message "Failed to load ZFS modules".

How have I to modify the configuration files to load the zfs modules?

Best regards for your help

always use "apt-get dist-upgrade", not "apt-get upgrade"! you can try booting using the installer's rescue mode, then do "apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade; update-initramfs -u". please also include the output of "pveversion -v"

Indeed, I think I did "apt-get upgrade" instead of "apt-get dist-upgrade"!

So I try the installer rescue mode but it doesn't boot because of the disk raid drivers are not on the installer disk.
I have to add them and try again.

Thanks

Finaly I try to install proxmox on another PC with the save configuration but the installation hang too.
I get the following error message: "modprobe error: could not insert 'kvm_adm' : operation not supported"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!