Export Files to MineOS Vm Within the local storage of ProxMox

Notch_OH

May 24, 2020
Hello,
I'm new to Proxmox, so please forgive me if this is a redundant/useless thread
I'm trying to run a Bukkit Minecraft Server for my family (Covid and all that) and started to experiment with server stuff.
I've got two old PCs, One i'm remoteing in to run the server and the other is running ProxMox.
I initially had a VM running Windows 10 and emailed the MC server file to myself. when I ran the file, a error kept popping up saying;
(the code works on other two pc, but fails inside the vm)

I'll eventually figure that one out, but I've found a distro of Linux called MineOS that cuts out all the pork from running a MC server inside of Windows 10 inside of a VM and has a clean web client. I'm trying to load my old server file into the VM so I don't have to lose the progress gain in that world. to do this I would have to load the zip into the '/var/games/minecraft/import' folder, but i don't know how to access the file structure within the MineOS VM nor do I know how to load a Zip File into it.
Can anyone help me with this?

Attachments

• VM Specs 1.PNG
    VM Specs 1.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
  • VM Specs 2.PNG
    VM Specs 2.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 6
a error kept popping up saying;
I think there is something missing?

to do this I would have to load the zip into the '/var/games/minecraft/import' folder, but i don't know how to access the file structure within the MineOS VM nor do I know how to load a Zip File into it.

I'm a bit confused. Do you want to access the file structure on the PVE host or on a Windows VM? Anyway, one solution could be using scp or uploading it to some web server and download it on the target OS or - if you want to experiment more - set up a network storage.

Reactions: Notch_OH

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!