Every connection is from proxmox host ip

krlynze

Jan 26, 2020
Hi i have a dedicated at ovh and a few failover ips, i successfully created a few vms with the failover ips but why every connection is from proxmox host ip? so i have 139.99.99.xxx (primary ip) and fail over ip 139.99.xx.xx, i created a vm and ran a minecraft server on the failover ip, but i realized every connection from the internet (outside) is from proxmox primary ip (139.99.99.xxx) example : player connected from [/139.99.99.xxx:xxxx] , what should i do to show the original ip ? i have enp1s0f0 (active) and enp1s0f1 (not active) and vmbr0 (bridge enp1s0f0) all vms is using vmbr0, thankyou in advance

Hi i have a dedicated at ovh and a few failover ips, i successfully created a few vms with the failover ips but why every connection is from proxmox host ip? so i have 139.99.99.xxx (primary ip) and fail over ip 139.99.xx.xx, i created a vm and ran a minecraft server on the failover ip, but i realized every connection from the internet (outside) is from proxmox primary ip (139.99.99.xxx) example : player connected from [/139.99.99.xxx:xxxx] , what should i do to show the original ip ? i have enp1s0f0 (active) and enp1s0f1 (not active) and vmbr0 (bridge enp1s0f0) all vms is using vmbr0, thankyou in advance
Hi,
how did you setup the network? Please post the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!