/etc/pve/nodes delete - What should i do?

DCOGamer

Nov 25, 2020
Hello,

I won't comment on how it happened, but it happend. ;D

In my proxmox I used the command

Code:
rm -r /etc/pve/nodes

Was there anything left to save? The VM's are all still running but they are not displayed on the web interface. I also can't access the VM's via the terminal.

I am curious about the reactions ;D

If you have major problems with your Proxmox VE host, e.g. hardware issues, it could be helpful to just copy the pmxcfs database file /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db and move it to a new Proxmox VE host. On the new host (with nothing running), you need to stop the pve-cluster service and replace the config.db file (needed permissions 0600). Second, adapt /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts according to the lost Proxmox VE host, then reboot and check. (And don’t forget your VM/CT data)
See https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pmxcfs.html

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!