Errormessage at updates..

Algon

Jul 2, 2009
Whenever I do an upgrade, I get this message several times, can anyone explain why?
The system does not seems to fail over places:

[335.831507] systemd-sysv-generator[3008]: Ignoring creation of an alias umountiscsi.service for itself

I dont know what the first number [335.831507] is, it is different for each message the 3008 i just the process number (I guess)

mvh
Niels

Hi,

I have the same kind of error message in my syslog :
- for each reboot
- and apparently also after doing an upgrade

Il also noticed that other users have the same kind of error in the middle of the log that they post in this forum.

Any idea what can it be ?

Thanks,
Hakim

Hi,

This error is reccurent in the syslog (and on the console) :
systemd-sysv-generator[3008]: Ignoring creation of an alias umountiscsi.service for itself

As explained before, it happens both :
- at each reboot
- and after doing an upgrade

Does anybody knows what it is about ?

Thanks,
Hakim

This seems to be a bug in Debian's open-iscsi package, which only provides init.d scripts. systemd will create a systemd unit automatically, and the automatic mechanism would create an alias that points to itself, which is prevented (and logged). In other words, it is a non-issue, but feel free to report it upstream at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=open-iscsi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!