Error when booting from iso file V4.2

tomc

Mar 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi
I created a Win7 Ultimate VMof 60GB in a fresh install Proxmox V4.2.
I copied across 2 Iso's Parted magic and Win7 Ultimate to /var/lib/vz/template/iso
I have the VM set to boot from CD.
When I click start, it comes up with the following error.
=============================================================
Running as unit 101.scope.
Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory
failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory
TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/systemd-run --scope --slice qemu --unit 101 -p 'KillMode=none' -p 'CPUShares=1000' /usr/bin/kvm -id 101 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/101.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/101.pid -daemonize -smbios 'type=1,uuid=e4e6141d-bc53-4d10-8893-39c4287dd8db' -name W7-Ult-RDP -smp '2,sockets=2,cores=1,maxcpus=2' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on,strict=on,reboot-timeout=1000' -vga std -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/101.vnc,x509,password -no-hpet -cpu 'kvm64,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff,hv_vapic,hv_time,hv_relaxed,+lahf_lm,+sep,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,enforce' -m 4096 -k en-us -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.1,chassis_nr=1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1e' -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.2,chassis_nr=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1f' -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -iscsi 'initiator-name=iqn.1993-08.org.debian:01:7db1dff1e6b' -drive 'file=/dev/pve/vm-101-disk-1,if=none,id=drive-ide0,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0,id=ide0' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/template/iso/pmagic_2016_03_02.iso,if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=threads' -device 'ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2,bootindex=100' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap101i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown' -device 'e1000,mac=3A:37:31:32:33:63,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0' -rtc 'driftfix=slew,base=localtime' -global 'kvm-pit.lost_tick_policy=discard'' failed: exit code 1
=============================================================
I tried booting The Win7 image and the same result.
on another PC the images boot OK.
Help please.

Search this forum for "Could not access KVM kernel module"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!