Error Configuration file 'nodes/proxmox01/qemu-server/100.conf' does not exist

Aug 10, 2017
Hi, I have the image of the virtual machine:
root @ proxmox01: / var / lib / vz / images / 100 # ls
vm-100-disk-1.qcow2

but I do not have the configuration file for some reason, it was deleted, in which way I could solve this problem since I do not have a backup of the file, what I was doing was removing the cluster that I had previously joined and when I rebooted the system it came out said error of which way could approach said inconvenience thanks.

Error:

The error configuration file 'nodes / proxmox01 / qemu-server / 100.conf' does not existerror_G.PNG

It should be not very complicated to recreate a config file, if you at least know some details about the vm like type of system / number of cpus / etc.

you should copy the image away before you do that, and after creation copy it back.

After that learn the rule: Backup .. Backup ... Backup

Hi friends, I have the same problem and I have a full backup of the file, but it doesn't allow me to create a file in the same 116.conf or restore this file to /etc/pve/nodes/proxmox2/qemu-server/

Did you found a solution on this? I have the same problem. After converting to qcow2 from raw I get a "Configuration file does not exist" but when I try to copy the old .conf file into the path that it says it throws a message that already exist but there is nothing inside that directory!

I have this same problema as well, as I check there is no file on that folder

"/etc/pve/nodes/proxmox2/qemu-server/"

system is not allowing you to recreate or put a copy of the conf file on that folder.

Thus, anyone has this problem and solution to this?

maybe there is a left over config in another directory?

check /etc/pve/nodes/*/qemu-server
not only the node that you currently are on

I had this same problem. The issue in my case was that this 'qm set' command works only on VMs and not containers.

To better clarify ccms above, the qm commands are not meant for Containers, you should use pct commands, so the proper way to unlock a Container is pct unlock <container>. Verify that your VM is actually and qemu VM before executing qm commands.

I have this same problema as well, as I check there is no file on that folder

"/etc/pve/nodes/proxmox2/qemu-server/"

system is not allowing you to recreate or put a copy of the conf file on that folder.

Thus, anyone has this problem and solution to this?
I had this issue as well. My system had moved moved the conf file to a different node on my cluster but left the virtual disk on the original. This broke the VM.

to resolve I made a backup of the conf file using WinSCP to transfer a copy off the server. then found the VM in the web gui and removed that vm. Next I copied the conf to the node that had the virtual disk.

In the gui the vm showed up and I was able to start the vm without issue.

Reactions: s0rinu
Hola, me pueden ayudar, cambie el nombre de mi nodo y ahora no puedo iniciar las máquinas virtuales

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2023-11-14 a la(s) 15.30.01.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2023-11-14 a la(s) 15.30.01.png
    51 KB · Views: 31

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!