Fabricerd

Sep 23, 2008
I updated my server from 0.92 to 1.0
All the kvm works fine but i've got now problem with openvz container
please see log below

/etc/init.d/vz restart
Stopping OpenVZ: ..done
Starting OpenVZ: ..done
vzctl set 0 --cpuunits 1000 failed: Unable to open /dev/vzctl: No such device or address
Please check that vzdev kernel module is loaded and you have sufficient permissions to access the file...failed
Starting CT 106: Unable to open /dev/vzctl: No such device or address
Please check that vzdev kernel module is loaded and you have sufficient permissions to access the file...failed

uname -a
Linux nsxxxxx.ovh.net 2.6.24-1-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 24 11:34:13 CEST 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux
pveversion

pveversion -v
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
LANGUAGE = (unset),
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "en_GB.UTF-8"
are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
pve-manager: 1.0-8 (pve-manager/1.0/3451)
qemu-server: 1.0-4
pve-kernel: 2.6.24-4
pve-kvm: 75-1
pve-firmware: 1
vncterm: 0.9-1
vzctl: 3.0.22-3pve3
vzdump: 1.1-1
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1dso1

thanks

Are you using OVH?

I think you should ask for support direct with OVH since they use a modified PVE kernel version.

I don't understand why you are talking about kvm, my problem is in the openvz containers. (kvm works very well with 1.0)

Because somebody else asked about that (take a closer look at this thread).

You still not answered the question: Are you using OVH (nsxxxxx.ovh.net)?

- Dietmar

yes i am using OVH

sorry for the previous message but i didn't understand that you were talking about the lilo in the containers and not on the host

Last edited:
yes i've done that but i wanted to be sure that i updated correctly and it was a problem related to OVH configuration.

i think that one of difference between OVH and you is the network config for venet (i'm investigating)

thanks

Update should work fine.
I have upgraded 3 servers yesterday, all of then part of a cluster.
Instructions on PVE Wiki are perfect, just copy and paste.
If is not working for you is because you missed some upgrade step (I don't think so) or because you are using OVH (most probably).
Anyway, good luck and please report back the resolution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!