Error 500: mount error: mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not

Re: Error 500: mount error: mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is

Does your storage support NFS v3 ?

Re: Error 500: mount error: mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is

Sorry, I dont now.
How chek this parametr?
I creating nfs storage on disk, where located Proxmox.

in the case your server exports NFSv3, you need to add the following option to the storage definition, see this example.

Code:
nano /etc/pve/storage.cfg

Code:
nfs: freenas-nfs
        path /mnt/pve/freenas-nfs
        server freenas.proxmox.com
        export /mnt/nfs
[COLOR=#ff0000]        options vers=3[/COLOR]
        content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir,backup

make sure you unmount and remount to apply the new settings (or just reboot your host).

to make sure you got NFS v3, check your mounts:

Code:
cat /proc/mounts

I'm check storage.cfg. NFS v3 enable:

Code:
nfs: mynfs
        path /mnt/pve/mynfs
        server 10.0.0.5
        export /mnt/nfs
        options vers=3
        content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir

Report after run 'cat /proc/mounts':

Code:
none /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
none /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
none /dev devtmpfs rw,relatime,size=997820k,nr_inodes=249455,mode=755 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/mapper/pve-root / ext3 rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs /lib/init/rw tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/mapper/pve-data /var/lib/vz ext3 rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/sda1 /boot ext3 rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
fusectl /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/fuse /etc/pve fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
beancounter /proc/vz/beancounter cgroup rw,relatime,blkio,name=beancounter 0 0
container /proc/vz/container cgroup rw,relatime,freezer,devices,name=container 0 0
fairsched /proc/vz/fairsched cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct,cpu,cpuset,name=fairsched 0 0

Last edited:

Please MAKE SURE your nfs server is working and no blocking the access from PVE host.

I'm check storage.cfg. NFS v3 is enable:
Code:
root@blade1:/etc/pve# vi storage.cfg
Code:
dir: local        path /var/lib/vz        content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir        maxfiles 0nfs: NETAPP        path /mnt/pve/NETAPP        server na-cluster2.gbi.de        export /vol/vol_test/qtest        options vers=3        content images,iso,vztmpl,backup,rootdir        maxfiles 1
Code:
cat /proc/mounts:
Code:
na-cluster2.xy.de:/vol/vol_test/qtest/ /mnt/pve/NETAPP nfs4 rw,relatime,vers=4,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,port=0,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=172.16.y.z,minorversion=0,local_lock=none,addr=172.16.x.z 0 0
In Storage.cfg is the option nfsv3 enabled but cat /proc/mounts is nfs4Have anybody a solution for this issue?

i think that the problem is on the nas, im working with nas, and i had the same problem, you need create a client with range ip (that you use on proxmox). on Nas.
Good luck! :D

The NAS server that I am trying to use is provided by OVH (ovh.com) I don't have any control on the NAS server.
What is weird is that it was working couple of days before, and if I try attaching the same NAS server to another Proxmox instance it works fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!