Enhancement request: Quarantine web interface 'select all' or 'delete all'

harripiili

Jun 25, 2007
Hi,

My users brought up an issue with Proxmox mail gateway's Quarantine web interface. When they want to clean the quarantine, they have to select each an every spam message by clicking one by one --- that's a whole lotta clicking.

I would like to suggest the following enhancement:
- Quarantine interface would have a selection to decide how many spams are shown in one page (o 10, o 25, o 50, o 100, o 500 ....)
- Quarantine interface would have a "Select all" button to select all spams on current page or "Delete all" button to delete all spams on current page.

BR, Harri Piili
Ideal Product Data Oy

Hi,

My users brought up an issue with Proxmox mail gateway's Quarantine web interface. When they want to clean the quarantine, they have to select each an every spam message by clicking one by one --- that's a whole lotta clicking.

I would like to suggest the following enhancement:
- Quarantine interface would have a selection to decide how many spams are shown in one page (o 10, o 25, o 50, o 100, o 500 ....)

- Quarantine interface would have a "Select all" button to select all spams on current page or "Delete all" button to delete all spams on current page.

BR, Harri Piili
Ideal Product Data Oy

Hi Harri,
Thanks for the suggestions.
There is no need to delete spam messages for the users, this is done automatically. (you can specify this time on the admin interface).

How many spam messages do your users get per day?

I would like to second this but with the added enhancements also:

When adding an email to the blacklist you have to select the email then click add to blacklist then click ok to it being added then you have to go back again and tick the item and then click on the delete button.

Can the system just delete the itme when adding to the blacklist after all it is SPAM??

Likewise when adding an item to the whitelist can the system auto deliver the email as it is wanted.

I have trained my users to clean out their mailboxes at least once per week as this promotes good house keeping but also keeps the blacklists updated.

I would like to second this but with the added enhancements also:

When adding an email to the blacklist you have to select the email then click add to blacklist then click ok to it being added then you have to go back again and tick the item and then click on the delete button.

Can the system just delete the itme when adding to the blacklist after all it is SPAM??

Likewise when adding an item to the whitelist can the system auto deliver the email as it is wanted.

I have trained my users to clean out their mailboxes at least once per week as this promotes good house keeping but also keeps the blacklists updated.

hi,

thanks for your input.

for your information, if a user deletes a message, it is just not visible anymore for him. the message will be finally deleted after the quarantine period ends, specified by the admin.

this is the main function of the quarantine - keep messages for a period of time specified by the admin, but also accessible for the user if he needs them.

Hi Tom,

I agree with waht you say it's just the number of clicks an user has to endure when trying to add and email as either black or white.

Hi Tom,

I agree with waht you say it's just the number of clicks an user has to endure when trying to add and email as either black or white.

Hi,
Yes, i got your input. We will try to improve the interface in that way in one of the next releases.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!