Encrypted drive migration

Could you provide a few more details on what you are actually trying to do? With such little information nobody will be able to help you.

Thanks!

Could you provide a few more details on what you are actually trying to do? With such little information nobody will be able to help you.

Thanks!
I created a (nested) server (LXC with encrypted drive) for my personal web-site ( https://sami.mattila.eu ) because I have invested a lot of time and effort in the Genealogy "branch" of it. (Pun intended.)
I would like to move it to another Proxmox host but Proxmox always complains about the encrypted drive.
I have added "storage" with the same name to the new server without success.
How does one migrate encrypted ZFS storage "file" from one VM host to another?
Must I manually move the disk file to the new QEMU host and then the LXC config file?

Last edited:
What do you mean by encrypted ZFS storage "file"? What kind of encryption is used? LUKS encrypted ZFS partition, ZFS native encryption, something like veracrypt or LUKS inside the LXC?

Hard to give any advise without more information on how you set up your storages, LXC config and so on.

Last edited:
Interesting thread. I was hoping for some better news.
Encrypted disk backup's are working allready but are basically in RAW format, so maybe thats not such a bad idea for migration. (My 2 cents worth.)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!