enabling qemu guest agent affects api call

mnaufil

Sep 5, 2022
Greetings,

I have a personal proxmox setup where I have 5 Qemu VPS. I am trying to enable qemu guest agent in one of the VPS via api calls which works fine, but when qemu guest agent is enabled, my network config api calls stops working.

My script does the following,
1> API call to server -> Enable Qemu guest agent (Works)
2> Check the status if guest agent is active using ping (I have another bash scrip which installs guest agent inside my linux VMs )
3> Change password using the, qm guest password command
4> Reset the network configuration(Works)
5> Re initialize the network configuration(Fails).

Prior to enabling guest agent, my network reset use to work fine. Even now when I disable GA, my script to reset and re configure network works fine.

Does enabling guest agent has any affect on proxmox api calls?

Does enabling guest agent has any affect on proxmox api calls?
it shouldn't, but which exact api calls are we talking about? can you post the request urls ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!