Enable SVM and no network

spearox

Renowned Member
Jun 6, 2013
Hi guys,

If I enable SVM in the BIOS and boot the PC the OS don't find network device. If I turn the SVM off everythings fine.
What can I try it in this situation?

Spec:
ASUS PRIME B550M-K (latest 3607 BIOS version)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

If I enable SVM in the BIOS and boot the PC the OS don't find network device. If I turn the SVM off everythings fine.
What can I try it in this situation?
What information do you get when you execute these commands?

Code:
lspci | grep -i ethernet
ip a
cat /proc/net/dev

I did some Windows test. Installed without detect the network then after driver installed it works, after reboot it not works dosen't matter if i set the SVM or not. (Installed with SVM turned off.)
After that I would like to reinstall the proxmox and It say No network device detected. (Before that I'll instelled without issue...)
So atm I can post only from the installer CLI.
The fun part is first time is see the network card on the lspci but can't install then I do a reboot and the card not show up in lspci.

prox1.jpg
prox2.jpg
prox3.jpg

And everything with SVM off (and BIOS defaults). So without any modification its simply tricky.

Last edited:
Today I turned on the PC and works fine... I can install proxmox can enable SVM...
Integrated network card.
Code:
09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
I think its not about SVM and Proxmox. There are some serious motherboard issue.

I think its not about SVM and Proxmox. There are some serious motherboard issue.
Exciting thing. If the BIOS/firmware is up to date, perhaps contact the manufacturer and initiate a replacement? As a workaround, you could also install an additional network card.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!