Empty chart for outgoing mails? How to configure own domains as outgoing mail?

Volker1

May 6, 2019
I configured PMG as a mail-relay. I only have a chart for incoming mails but not for outgoing mails. Is there any possibility to configure foreign domains as outgoing mail?

If you send emails from your internal server via the mail gateway to the internet (using the configured internal SMTP port), you will see these in the statistics.

The PMG is not our mail-server, only relay-server. It transports incoming from internet to an exchange server, which is our mail-server. How to configure foreign domains as outgoing mail?

foreign domains as outgoing mail

I do not understand this questions. You should send all emails to the internet via the PMG.

PMG is configured to do that and it is working well. Only incoming mails are listed and the chart for incoming is present. I would like to have a chart for outgoing mails, which means the FROM-domain is mine.

If you have no statistics for outgoing emails, you SMTP settings are not correctly configured.

My settings are:

Default Relay: [IP of our firewall]
SMTP Port: 25
Smarthost: [IP of our firewall]
Relay Domains: myDomain.com
External SMTP Port: 26
Internal SMTP Port: 26
Transports: myDomain.com -> exchangeserver.myDomain.com Port 25

What is missing?

For testing I extended the transport list:
exchangeserver.myDomain.com -> [IP of our firewall] Port 25

Now both transports for in and out should defined fully. But I have still an empty chart for outgoing mails. So I revert this change.

My feeling is that PMG always "think" it is the mail server. Mails that generated on it are classified as outgoing. Are I am right? From this view, relaying is not an outgoing mail. But is it possible to change its configuration for my needs?

Reactions: sashavl
For some technical reasons I have to keep the exchange's send port 25. I should be possible connect the mail-out-flag not to port 26 but to my from-domain.

Attached you see my configuration. I can not differ from it.

Attachments

• 2019-12-04_11h06_41.png
    2019-12-04_11h06_41.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2019-12-04_11h09_45.png
    2019-12-04_11h09_45.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 21
Again. Your exchange sends to the PMG on port 25.

But on your PMG, you set the Internal SMTP Port to 26. Change this to 25.

I changed it. It makes no difference. (Means chart for outgoing is still empty)

I am out here. The issue is 99,9 % a wrong port issue, debug and fix it.

I told you my config. What is wrong there? I have no errors in any logfile regarding PMG. How can be debugged without errors in logfiles? I think only the developer can find out what seems to be "wrong". Could it also be a bug?

Im am a customer who payed for service. What would you say in my place to get such kind of "support": I am out here. The issue is 99,9 % a wrong port issue, debug and fix it.

I told you my config. What is wrong there? I have no errors in any logfile regarding PMG. How can be debugged without errors in logfiles? I think only the developer can find out what seems to be "wrong". Could it also be a bug?

You need to send outgoing emails to the internal port. Debug your network and your exchange. This is not a Proxmox Mail Gateway issue.

Im am a customer who payed for service. What would you say in my place to get such kind of "support": I am out here. The issue is 99,9 % a wrong port issue, debug and fix it.

This is the community forum, and you got the service - nothing missed. If you got a subscription, please add them in your profile.

Again, the issue is identified and the solution seems clear. If you cannot find it, please contact your network/firewall admin to get help in setting port forwarding. If you need more help from our enterprise support team, consider a subscription with enterprise support tickets. Seems you just got a community key?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!