Embperl Error after 1.6 upgrade

vkeven

Dec 22, 2009
after upgrading to 1.6 I received this error when I tried to access "hardware" tab of virtual machines , both old and new vm

[2535]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: command '/sbin/vgchange -aly vmdata1' failed with exit code 5

What is the output if you run above command on the console?

# /sbin/vgchange -aly vmdata1

Volume group "vmdata1" not found

hum , I understand than volume vmdata1 is offline because I removed an LVM drive , now can I delete reference to this volume ? This is a test machine

Last edited:
remove the drive definition from the VM config file (see /etc/qemu-server/VMID.conf)

remove the drive definition from the VM config file (see /etc/qemu-server/VMID.conf)

and how I can remove it from storage section , I can't click delete , same error than vm config

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!