Emails not coming in even though added to whitelist

dthompson

Nov 23, 2011
Canada
www.digitaltransitions.ca
Hi all,

I have a client who is having an issue since I moved them over to PMG last week. They have a client who emails them daily and emails were not getting through, so I added their domain to the whitelist to see if that would resolve the issue. It didn't.

Today they let me know that they are still having issues getting emails from the one client. When I look in the system log I see that the end domain attempt to deliver to the local domain, but the emails are never delivered.

I am hoping someone can help provide me with some guidance on why the PMG is not accepting and forwarding the mail messages onto them. Here is the snippet from the log file:

Apr 26 03:27:38 mx postfix/postscreen[24536]: CONNECT from [1.1.1.2]:28053 to [192.168.11.4]:25
Apr 26 03:27:44 mx postfix/postscreen[24536]: PASS OLD [1.1.1.2]:28053
Apr 26 03:27:44 mx postfix/smtpd[24542]: connect from mail01.fqdn.com[1.1.1.2]
Apr 26 03:27:44 mx postfix/smtpd[24542]: disconnect from mail01.fqdn.com[1.1.1.2] ehlo=1 quit=1 commands=2
I've noticed in the logs that it never says WHO the emails are from or WHO the emails are to be delivered to.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!