Edit / change configurations by hand

Walhalla

Jan 26, 2018
Hi,
which files can I edit / change by hand and will not be overwritten / changed back by the system. For example any changes in the main.cf are overwritten (which is very bad because of some important changes).

On the other hand: manually changes in /etc/pmg/ will be published to other nodes too? For example manually adds in the transport - map?

Thanks and cheers

Walhalla

Hi,
which files can I edit / change by hand and will not be overwritten / changed back by the system. For example any changes in the main.cf are overwritten (which is very bad because of some important changes).

On the other hand: manually changes in /etc/pmg/ will be published to other nodes too? For example manually adds in the transport - map?

Thanks and cheers

Walhalla

A good start is reading the new admin guide. If there are still these questions, ask again.

(chapter: 4.3. Service Configuration Templates)

Hi and thanks,
I read it - but it seems that I stopped after having read "Please do not modify them directly, because your modification would get lost ..." :)

Will try it - thanks and sorry for bothering. Tried to use some well known modifications we have ....

Regards Walhalla

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!