eBox (ebox-platform.com)

Yes, but thats easy to solve if we have a Virtual ubuntu 8.04.3 server appliance, so i vote for ebox appliance but i think better idea to have and Virtual ubuntu 8.04.3 server appliance and install repos form ebox.
bye

Yes, but thats easy to solve if we have a Virtual ubuntu 8.04.3 server appliance, so i vote for ebox appliance but i think better idea to have and Virtual ubuntu 8.04.3 server appliance and install repos form ebox.
bye
tried installl ebox from iso into kvm VE but failed
P.S. Had no problem with an installation in VirtualBox....

tried installl ebox from iso into kvm VE but failed
P.S. Had no problem with an installation in VirtualBox....

Why you use kvm? just install openvz ubuntu 8.04 and then use the repos to install ebox. The only problem is that openvz ubuntu 8.04.1 is the desktop edition and not the server, thats why i vote to have and server 8.04.3 appliance.
bye

Why do you think it is a desktop edition?

Because of like it say standart, i think thats the desktop edition, and also because is a early version 8.04.1 when the current is 8.04.3, so is the server edition? can i update to 8.04.3 from this or not?
thanks

bye

Because of like it say standart, i think thats the desktop edition, and also because is a early version 8.04.1 when the current is 8.04.3, so is the server edition?

It is neither the server nor the desktop edition - its the openvz template ;-)

can i update to 8.04.3 from this or not?

why not - just try.

+1

Currently, using venet doesn't seem to work very well. eBox likes to control the interfaces. When overwriting the network interfaces from eBox, connection is lost. Seems that using bridged NICs might be better.

+1

Currently, using venet doesn't seem to work very well. eBox likes to control the interfaces. When overwriting the network interfaces from eBox, connection is lost. Seems that using bridged NICs might be better.

So if venet dont work ok with ebox, we need to use veth? or other thing? and how to use them? thks

So if venet dont work ok with ebox, we need to use veth? or other thing? and how to use them? thks

just create a new container and select veth.

but as far as I know ebox is a bare metal installations, means it would be a non-standard install.

easier: run no KVM

eBox can be installed by first installing Ubuntu, then adding eBox's repos in the /etc/apt/sources.list file.

I used bridged networking (vmbr0) on my installation. That seems to work OK, but I did have issues with eBox not "liking" the file system. Also, somehow, venet showed up as an interface after installing eBox.

I think I'll give the "bare metal" install a try in a KVM instance.

Still, I think eBox on Proxmox as an appliance would be great. The combo of Proxmox and eBox would be an excellent fit for SMBs.

eBox can be installed by first installing Ubuntu, then adding eBox's repos in the /etc/apt/sources.list file.

I used bridged networking (vmbr0) on my installation. That seems to work OK, but I did have issues with eBox not "liking" the file system. Also, somehow, venet showed up as an interface after installing eBox.

I think I'll give the "bare metal" install a try in a KVM instance.

Still, I think eBox on Proxmox as an appliance would be great. The combo of Proxmox and eBox would be an excellent fit for SMBs.

yes, could be interesting. but its up to ebox to adapt their system for openvz. I am not sure if these guys are interested in doing this, just ask them!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!