Dual A100 Passthrough to Ubuntu 22.04 VM - Proxmox8

Sam Clark

Mar 12, 2024
I have a system with 4 A100 40GB cards. I setup the proxmox Ubuntu 22.04 VM with 2 GPU's and I am having trouble detecting the second one. I have checked the IOMMU groups (at least I believe I did.) And they appear to be in different groups. I successfully passed one gpu in and it shows in nvidia-smi. Both GPU's show in lspci on the ubuntu VM but the second GPU is not detected in nvidia-smi. I have attached everything that may be useful below. Nothing crashes and I don't have errors that I can find, it just doesn't show up as a GPU when checking through nvidia-smi.

Any help would be appreciated. I am fairly new to proxmox and had good luck getting the first passthrough and am just struggling on the second. If you need more information let me know.

Attachments

• GPU's.png
    GPU's.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IOMMU.png
    IOMMU.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 8
  • nvidia-smi.png
    nvidia-smi.png
    23 KB · Views: 8
  • VMConfig.png
    VMConfig.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
  • VmHardware.png
    VmHardware.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 8

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!