dsl_scan_iss - multithreaded?

MoxProxxer

Apr 25, 2018
Is there a way to configure ZFS so it would use more than one core for the apparently central process when scrubbing?
I have two machines that started this sunday their usual scrubbing process. One is a 16-core Denverton (that's 16 Atom cores) and one is some 16-core Haswell system.

Both are single-core speed CPU limited as dsl_scan_iss pegs at ~ 100% on each of them. Main difference is, that the 16-core Denverton is scrubbing at ~330MB/s, the Haswell system at 1.2GB/s. The other cores are mostly idle on both systems, so I wonder if there is a way to speed things up. I can live with the haswell performance, but the scrub on the Denverton system takes over 2 days and that's a tad pole.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!