DRBD 9.0.3 and drbdmanage 0.97

dendi

Renowned Member
Nov 17, 2011
Where do we report a bug? Updated to this version. Now on reboot the server seems to delete /var/lib/drbd.d/*.res files. Not sure if it is on reboot or on startup.

Where do we report a bug? Updated to this version. Now on reboot the server seems to delete /var/lib/drbd.d/*.res files. Not sure if it is on reboot or on startup.

Same here; it is causing (for instance) unusability of drbdadm command (cannot find resource), and many resync issues.

At the moment i trigger recreation of /var/lib/drbd.d/*.res files issuing a series of:

Code:
drbdmanage net-options --resource <target resource>  --max-buffers 8000

or similar.

rob

Is this bug the reason because the new version is not in PVE enterprise repository?
The fixes will be merged from git or you will wait the "official" release?
Thank you!

Good question. 0.97.1, and also 0.97 (and of course 0.97.2) are indeed not even in no-subscription repo.

Good question. 0.97.1, and also 0.97 (and of course 0.97.2) are indeed not even in no-subscription repo.

drbdmanage 0.97 has been in the no-subscription repo for quite a while (July 26th), the two newer minor releases have not yet been tested yet by us, so they are not available yet in our repositories..

drbdmanage 0.97 has been in the no-subscription repo for quite a while (July 26th), the two newer minor releases have not yet been tested yet by us, so they are not available yet in our repositories..

Yes, I mistakenly added 0.97 to my statement.

0.97 is still not in enterprise repo (right decision imho). May be 0.97.1 or 0.97.2 would be the right candidates; I will test them as soon as they will be in no-subscription repo.

bye,
rob

Same here; it is causing (for instance) unusability of drbdadm command (cannot find resource), and many resync issues.

At the moment i trigger recreation of /var/lib/drbd.d/*.res files issuing a series of:

Code:
drbdmanage net-options --resource <target resource>  --max-buffers 8000

or similar.

rob
Better a single:
Code:
drbdmanage export-res "*" # the quotes are important

Hello Fabian, thank you for your support.
I think drbdmanage 0.97.2 is a bug fix release.
So please try your best to include asap at least in no-subscription repository.
It seems that we are giving a great help to testing and development of drbd9 ;-)

If you want test it, you can rebuild package from drbd git yourself. I build it and everything seems to be ok now.
1) cd /usr/local/src
2) clone actual drbdmanage: git clone http://git.drbd.org/drbdmanage.git
3) mkdir proxmox
4) cd proxmox
5) clone proxmox version, you need only debian folder from it: git clone git://git.proxmox.com/git/drbdmanage.git and
6) now copy debian folder form proxmox git, eg. from /usr/local/src/proxmox/drbdmanage/debian to /usr/local/src/drbdmanage/debian except one file "changelog"
7) cd /usr/local/src/drbdmanage/
8) make debian package with "debuild -us -uc -b" You need debain build libraries, eg. atp-get install devscripts docbook-xsl xsltproc help2man python-all quilt dh-systemd
9) and update it with "dpkg -i drbdmanage_0.97.2-1_amd64.deb"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!