Download template

vinilya

Oct 25, 2018
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to download a virtual machine template from the server in order to install a virtual machine from it on another server.

If source and destination host are both proxmox VE you can just use vzdump - see the documentation - https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Backup_and_Restore.

If the source system is not a Proxmox VE you can export the disk from the source system and use the importdisk command of qm (see `man qm`)

If the target system is not a Proxmox VE you can use the move_disk feature (also available in the GUI), to create a qcow2 or raw image on a directory storage, and use the other system's import facilities.

If source and destination host are both proxmox VE you can just use vzdump - see the documentation - https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Backup_and_Restore.

If the source system is not a Proxmox VE you can export the disk from the source system and use the importdisk command of qm (see `man qm`)

If the target system is not a Proxmox VE you can use the move_disk feature (also available in the GUI), to create a qcow2 or raw image on a directory storage, and use the other system's import facilities.

That is, for example, download the image of the template with the extension (.qcow-2) through the filsill and in the same way, download this file only to another server in the correct directory, will this be enough?

Not sure I understand the question right (what is filsill?).

If you use the Backup and Restore option - the backup-file (vzdump-qemu-$vmid-$timestamp.vma.lzo) gets saved on a filesystem, you need to transfer this file to the backup-location of the other server (e.g. /var/lib/vz/dump) - then you can restore it from the GUI

Not sure I understand the question right (what is filsill?).

If you use the Backup and Restore option - the backup-file (vzdump-qemu-$vmid-$timestamp.vma.lzo) gets saved on a filesystem, you need to transfer this file to the backup-location of the other server (e.g. /var/lib/vz/dump) - then you can restore it from the GUI

Ok, thank's. I must create backup of my template and move this on my secound server?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!