[SOLVED] Download previous versions of Proxmox VE

shantanu

Mar 30, 2012
Hi,

Could you provide links to the previous versions of Proxmox VE.
Using the latest v 4.3, the default lvm-thin configuration is causing a lot of grief.

Instead of deleting the LVM thin and recreating a normal LVM, I want to setup a workflow
of installing 4.1 (which I think was the last without LVMthin) and then a dist-upgrade.

* I so repent deleting my previous downloads!!! :(:(:(

If there is any simple method of easily converting the lvmthin to regular lvm, do let me know.
If its easy enough, I'm willing to experiment with that too!!!!

Thanks and Regards,
Shantanu

Thank you for your prompt reply!!!
Thanks for the link to revert to old style.

I am pretty sure the 4.1 ISO was not there. I have been searching for this for the past hour now. o_O

Anyway, I'm downloading the ISO right now.

Using distrowatch as the source, I see a slightly different name for the 4.1 release:
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=09216

Is the ISO that you have posted a 4.1 "refreshed build" :)

Thanks,
Shantanu

I'm looking for the old proxmox version 4.1-1, since it can not solve the LvM-THIM issue of proxmox 4.4, because it consumes all the space in HD

Reactions: Ergi Ymeri
I dont have a support contract... i belive that this soft is free i dont know why you remove those previous versions

I dont have a support contract... i belive that this soft is free i dont know why you remove those previous versions

Yes, its free software. But you ask for free support.

We do not publish buggy and outdated software for obvious reasons, 4.2 is out of support and therefore its not published anymore. Use 4.4 - I see just no technical reason not using 4.4.

I want it for my modulesgarden proxmox version wich mean that it doesnt work with the newst version of proxmox ve

I want it for my modulesgarden proxmox version wich mean that it doesnt work with the newst version of proxmox ve

4.2 is outdated and has many security issues. If you install this in a hosting environment you put all your data and customers on risk. Basically you can do what you want but we do not think that we should help you to the road to hell.

Modulesgarden tools works well with latest 4.x and 5.x - if you have issues with this tool, contact Modulesgarden support team.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!